If you’re pinching pennies, you know that peanut butter is an expensive commodity. In early 2009, peanut prices started climbing and never looked back. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Here is how you can make your own homemade peanut butter. This can save you tons of money just by doing a little bit of easy work.
What You Need
- 1 bag of unsalted peanuts
- Olive Oil (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Food processor
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter
- Shell your peanuts. Place the nuts in a bowl and discard the shell.
- Put peanuts in food processor.
- Turn on the food processor and run until desired consistency is met. You may need to scrape down the side. It may take up 6 or 7 minutes to get to a creamy state.
- After processing for 2 or 3 minutes, add the olive oil and salt to taste.